By Celebrity & Corporate Artist Derek Russell
Thanks for inquiring about collecting fine art prints
I make collecting prints fun & easy. And it can all be done on my website from your computer, tablet or mobile device.
First things first, I highly recommend a stretched canvas print. It brings to life the artwork with texture and depth. Each print is assembled on premium canvas stretched on a wooden frame of 1.5" x 1.5" stretcher bars (gallery wrap) giving the artwork a powerful message. All stretched canvases arrive "ready to hang" with pre-attached hanging wire, mounting hooks, and nails.
I absolutely love the look of stretched canvas prints with an exposed black edge (no frame).
All of my prints are produced on state-of-the-art, professional-grade Epson printers using acid-free papers and canvases with archival inks to guarantee that your prints last a lifetime without fading or loss of color.
I also would recommend a glossy finish. The formula is specially designed for pigmented inks and the canvas lovingly recreates the texture and reflectivity of oils on canvas. The glossy finish on canvas has a slightly warm tone and is made from an acid-free poly/cotton blend.
On a side note, I also am currently offering limited edition signed prints - please click here to learn more.
And now to the step-by-step instructions
1. Head on over to my shop.
Fine Art Prints
1. Scroll through and enjoy all of the prints I have available. There are currently over 70 pieces available.
2. Now that you have selected the first print you would like to collect, follow these steps for ordering. I'll show you the options I highly recommend.
3. You will first see this page.
4. Select canvas (as indicated below).
6. To the right in the gray box, Size is the first tab. Select the biggest size print for the biggest impact. When the square to the left of the sizes is highlighted in blue, that size is selected
7. To the right of Size is the tab Frame. Click this Frame tab. The default option is "no" when it asks to include frame. This is ideal.
8. Beside the Frame tab is Canvas. Click this Canvas tab. The default is "Glossy Finish Canvas" which again is ideal. The glossy finish formula is specially designed for pigmented inks and the canvas lovingly recreates the texture and reflectivity of oils on canvas.
9. To the right of the Canvas tab is Wrap. Select this Wrap tab. Check the "Black Wrap" option. If it is highlighted blue, it is already selected.
10. Once those options are all selected you are ready to add this fine art print to your cart. Select the green Add to Cart button (beside the price).
11. If you are interested in collecting more than one print in this order, click Continue Shopping as indicated below. Repeat steps 3-10.
12. Otherwise, click Checkout as indicated
13. Complete the forms by typing in your billing address, shipping address, & email (for email confirmation). Once all forms are filled out, click the Next button as indicated below.
14. Review your billing address, email and shipping address. The next step is to complete the Payment form. Once you are all done with that, click the Submit Order button as indicated.
15. You will be prompted to view/print your receipt.
16. And you are done.
17. In a few business days, you will be celebrating as you open your gift.
18. Enjoy & share the inspirational artwork with friends, family, and co-workers
Wishing you a beautiful day
About Derek Russell
Russell, born 1985, lives and works in the mountains of New Hampshire. His areas of interest include painting, health and wellness, higher consciousness, architecture, growth mindset, engineering, travel, sports, and adventure. And he is happily married to his wife, Kara.
His love for adventure started in college when he began traveling and exploring the beauty of the world and its amazing people, places and experiences. This is the energy he captures in each of his pieces.
The foundation for his art is grounded in a decade long interaction with the art of realism. Researching and learning the techniques of the old masters, he felt a calling to express himself with paint. For over 10 years, he continued to draw and paint in a very slow and precise way. An internal struggle to make his work perfect fought with his desire to paint. And he stopped for years.
After an intensive yearlong study under a Copley Art Master, his awareness changed. By engaging in a visual story with the live models he painted, he needed to paint faster.
And then one day, it clicked for him.
He put aside his analytical mind and let the colors speak to him. He coined the term “Free Spirited Realism” as a brand for his art. It is a dance between contemporary art and realism.
When viewing his work at a close range, areas are broken up and fit together only at a distance. As you advance toward his painting, it becomes more abstract, more fluid, and as you move away, it falls into focus and is realistic. At no two distances will the painting appear the same.
He has developed a dynamic way of combining abstraction with realism. In this technique, he is able to make the action within the painting as intense and exciting as it actually is in your direct experience.
He creates meaningful, engaging stories with a shower of bold, vibrant color that inspire people to open their minds and make a positive impact on the world.
Today, his art is collected in several countries around the world.
Known for his unique style & originality, his client’s make extreme visual statements by working with Derek. His rock star hair and flair for going big, bold and vibrant creates that impact clients want. He has a natural sense of aesthetics and an expertise in bringing power & life to his paintings. His honest, respected, & clear communication make the process easy, fun & exciting. There are many artists out there doing "traditional" work but Derek is a true master who creates original, expressive masterpieces. Derek is honored to connect with clients to discuss special commissions.
New Hampshire based artist Derek Russell can be reached at 603.491.1774 or Derek@DerekRussellArtist.com.